Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Recommitment

So you knew I was going to do this sooner or later, and it is that time now!! My recommitment date for the marathon is fast approaching so it is time to make your donations that you have been putting off. Go to my webpage, there is a link to your right, you can donate there or give the money to me.
And here is a reminder...and very powerful reminder of why I am doing this! Donna read this poem at the very first TNT meeting I attended. I was struck with her story and how true this is, although at times you may not believe.
What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit.
~Author Unknown
Read the line about courage again. 'What Cancer Cannot Do...Cancer Is So Limited...It cannot silence Courage.' I know of a little girl who has cancer. While her cancer may be different from a blood cancer, (she has a brain tumor) she inspires me daily and has no idea. It is heartbreaking to hear of any person, much less child, who has cancer. Courage. All of the people who fight Leukemia and Lymphoma (and all cancers) every day THEY give me the courage to do this tiny little marathon and help them fight. It is the least I can do.

No comments: