So, I need to break this down for you in a few days...I'm a bit behind...
Thursday I met 'the girls'. 'The Girls' are credited with keeping me moving and making me believe in myself when I NEVER thought I could run! It is really amazing how someone else can believe in you when you don't have any faith in you at all!
I met Emily and Jenny at 4 p.m. on the trail Thursday. They waited patiently for me as I showed up late. (Amazing, aren't they!!) They casually worked in the conversation that we would begin to run at the quarter mile markers. (Run!? I am scared at the thought. I am not ready for this. Did they not read my blog about almost throwing up yesterday??) I threaten them that I will talk about them in my next blog...they brush my comments off as if I am one of their students asking for yet another pass into the vast hallways of ECG. As hard as it was not to fall down with my theatrical skills and play injured, I went on, for possible fear that they might drag me with them even if I were injured.
First quarter (okay, so I think we ran from VA to NC, but who is really measuring?) I almost lose a lung, but Emily tells me how good I did and makes all of these promises and I just think I must be the most amazing person on the trail at this point...and it gets better...well, the encouragement at least. 'The Girls' remain really soft spoken as I huff and puff and try not to blow them down in front of me and as we get back to the parking lot and am amazed that I have conqured this feat and they cheer for me!! HOW AWESOME!! I attempt to cheer with them, as I am most excited, but at this point have lost all lung capacity and...sadly, cannot do that.
They both tell me that it gets easier...I nod, with big, glassy eyes...not sure if I can believe them, but hey, if they cheer for me again, I might just do whatever they say!
Thank you girls! You make ME happen!!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment