Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whew...

Not much to say after ALL of Thursday's news. I mean, right?? I would love to hit the trail again...country song here?? But I think it best to work those muscles (the ones in the back of your legs--thighs that I never knew existed) and do cross-training today.

I visit the YMCA Downtown. I am sure that place misses me. Nice to let my card get scanned. It is what it was created for. The most precious man in the world (okay, next to my Grandfather and a few others) works at the front desk and how he remembers all those people! So I get this look from him...like, where have you been? He is so good at it! I find myself explaining to him that I have been ATTEMPTING to train for a 1/2 marathon and that I am trying to get on the trail and off of the treadmill. He remembers! I think I told him about it like a month ago, when I first signed up...he remembered!! How great is this man! He gave me a few tips about where to train and some good loops to run, but I do think he has a whole lot of faith in my ability based on what he is telling me--his loops involve HILLS!! AHHH!! Hopefully I can get to that point, but right now, I am glad to get my Nikes on! HA!

So, I know what you are all thinking, I went to the Y to socialize...and while I enjoy my chats, I did bike for 4 miles, which helped loosen up my hamstrings (?) and I did some other leg things and worked my arms with some mini weights. O, I did the ab machine and some man told me it was nice to that I was working out. Now I am not really sure who this man is, but I know him somehow. His comment now, was RUE!! I mean----what?? But anyway, it felt nice but I kind of felt like I was cheating on the trail. (I think that is a good thing.)

No comments: