Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I DID IT!! I finally had a real training day! That is a bit of a proud feeling. I was told by my TNT coaches to get off of the treadmill and I see why...what a difference...you have to work when you make yourself walk! HA! Who knew??

I walked 2 miles on the Blackwater Creek Trail (Greek Orthodox Church Entrance) today...and confess that at 0.25 mi, yes, you read that right, I felt like I was going to throw up! I am SUCH a baby! But after a good 80s song came on my iPod and I played the air drums (no, I don't care that people on the trial think I have a day pass from the Psych Ward at VA Baptist!) it went much better...and at then end of the first mile, I made a slight attempt at running. Anyway...

So if you include this 2 mi with the 1/2 mi that I walked during work today during our 'alarm' evacuation, I got in a whole 2.5 miles today!! And while I kind of feel like a loser telling you how proud I am of myself that I got out and made the 2 miles, typing this does put it all in perspective for me. But WHEW HEW anyway!! If I can get in a mile during work tomorrow...hmmmmm...

No comments: